POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip]
From: s day
Date: 7 Dec 2009 16:40:00
Message: <web.4b1d75af338ab9755a5ee9370@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Winter is coming, so...
>
> I used a couple of World Machine height_fields as basis for a function, with
> an appropriate slope/altitude map.
>
> The title refers to the novel Lavondyss by Robert Holdstock. The scene may
> turn out as a kind of illustration to this novel.
>
> --
> All the best,
>
> Thomas

Excellent landscape Thomas, like others have already pointed out I think the
right side especially at the front needs to be a bit more rugged and the snow in
the foreground looks like it has been painted onto the rocks. However, the snow
in the middle/and distance is perfect. I don't think the clouds look quite
realistic but then I find myself looking at the sky sometimes and thinking the
same thing, kind of if I had rendered that sky I wouldn't think it was realistic
so I am sure there have been clouds just like that somewhere..

Sean